Private Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM™)
- What You’ll Learn
- Who Should Take This Program?
- What to Expect
- Team Discount
- Ensuring strategic alignment between your company’s training department and key business goals.
- Selecting and managing resources, including working with internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Identifying training needs by consulting with stakeholders and using needs assessments.
- Developing and delivering training solutions that meet business needs.
- Evaluating individual and organizational performance to ensure your learning and development processes are meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Optimizing training processes for efficiency and business impact.
- Managing the technologies and technical personnel needed to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Step 1: Prework — The CPTM prework consists of 10 self-paced eLearning modules to prepare you for your practicum and CPTM exam. We recommend that you plan to spend two to five hours per module, or 20 to 50 hours in total; we also recommend that when you register above, you select a practicum date that gives you four to six weeks to complete all 10 modules. This prework will help you get the most out of the hands-on practicum.
- Step 2: Practicum — The CPTM practicum is a highly interactive, virtual instructor-led (VILT) learning experience that takes place over the course of four, six-hour days. The practicum is focused on helping you apply the concepts you’ve learned to real-world scenarios. It also offers ample opportunities to discuss and debrief with your peers through team-based activities and breakout sessions. Practicums are conducted using a virtual platform that mimics the in-person classroom experience and allows participants to engage with the instructor, and each other, with ease.
- Step 3: Exam — Passing the CPTM exam is your last step in achieving certification. The two-and-a-half-hour online exam can be accessed at any time following the completion of your practicum and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions designed to test both your knowledge of the core principles needed to effectively manage corporate training programs and your ability to apply them in various realistic scenarios. Learners must receive a score of 70% or higher to pass the exam and earn the CPTM credential. Upon passing the exam, you will receive a CPTM certificate recognizing your achievement as well as a digital badge to designate your expertise with your network on social media. CPTM registration includes two free attempts at the CPTM exam.
- “Disappointed I Didn’t Do This Sooner! I HIGHLY encourage anyone that is looking to sharpen their skills and validate their talent to participate in this program! You will be challenged to open your mind and learn new ideas and principles, but you will be supported every step of the way, not only by the Training Industry staff but by also by the CPTM alumni. In a few short months, I have already received more from my investment in obtaining the CPTM certification than I received from all the previous programs I have participated in combined!”
- “This course is a game changer. As a training professional your job is to train, encourage, coach, mentor, etc. others…. This course pours back into your own fuel tank. A lot of training departments are departments of one. This was an opportunity of a lifetime to connect with training professionals all around the world.”
What You’ll Learn
The Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM™) program is the only credential focused specifically on your role as training manager/learning leader. As a CPTM, you will gain the skills needed to manage training programs aligned with current — and future — business goals. CPTM offers the foundational knowledge you need to leverage learning for business outcomes and, ultimately, demonstrate your expertise in training management and position L&D as a critical business asset.
When you earn your CTPM, you’ll demonstrate your ability to successfully perform the core training manager responsibilities and competencies outlined in Training Industry’s Training Manager Competency Model™, including:
Download the Brochure
Who Should Take This Program?
The CPTM program is ideal for anyone seeking to further their learning and development (L&D) career by developing strategic practices and skills focused on the business of learning. CPTMs have diverse backgrounds but share a desire to lead a high performing training organization. While many CPTM candidates currently lead a training department, others aspire to become a training manager and still others sit in external consultant roles and desire gain a strong understanding of what their clients jobs entail.
Because of this diversity, there are no prerequisites to become a CPTM: The program is designed to provide all of the development, strategies, and competencies that you need in your role as a training. To determine whether CPTM is a good fit for you, take this short quiz.
What to Expect
Earn your certification in as little as two months!
All practicums are currently conducted virtually.
CPTM Frequently Asked Questions
Learn how the CPTM program can help you earn recertification credits for other leading HR and training certifications, including SHRM and ATD credentials.
The CPTM program aligns your team around research-based best practices that will transform how your organization manages corporate training. For maximum value and business impact, customize a program to certify your entire learning and development (L&D) team.
Use discount code TEAM10 to receive 10% off your order when you purchase 3 or more products.
Learn more about team certification here.
You can also contact us for special rates such as government and non-profit discounts.
Average: 5 Stars