Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM™) SPLIT PAYMENT
- What You’ll Learn
- Who Should Take This Program?
- What to Expect
- Step 1: Prework – The CPTM prework consists of 10 self-paced eLearning modules to prepare you for your practicum and CPTM exam. We recommend that you plan to spend two to five hours per module, or 20 to 50 hours in total; we also recommend that you select a practicum date that gives you 4 to 6 weeks to complete all 10 modules. As you complete the online modules, you will gather information specific to your organization’s goals, training processes, and plans for addressing them with L&D. This prework will help you get the most out of the hands-on practicum.
- Step 2: Practicum - The CPTM practicum is a highly interactive, virtual instructor-led (VILT) learning experience that takes place over the course of four 6-hour days. The practicum is focused on helping you apply the concepts you’ve learned to real-world scenarios. It also offers ample opportunities to discuss and debrief with your peers through team-based activities and breakout sessions. Practicums are conducted using a virtual platform that mimics the in-person classroom experience and allows participants to engage with the instructor, and each other, with ease.
- Step 3: Exam – Passing the CPTM exam is your last step in achieving certification. The two-and-a-half-hour online exam can be accessed at any time following the completion of your practicum, and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions designed to test both your knowledge of the core principles needed to effectively manage corporate training programs and your ability to apply them in various realistic scenarios. Learners must receive a score of 70% or higher to pass the exam and earn the CPTM credential. Upon passing the exam, you will receive a CPTM certificate recognizing your achievement as well as a digital badge to designate your expertise with your network on social media. CPTM registration includes two free attempts at the CPTM exam.
- “Disappointed I Didn’t Do This Sooner! I HIGHLY encourage anyone that is looking to sharpen their skills and validate their talent to participate in this program! You will be challenged to open your mind and learn new ideas and principles, but you will be supported every step of the way, not only by the Training Industry staff but by also by the CPTM alumni. In a few short months, I have already received more from my investment in obtaining the CPTM certification than I received from all the previous programs I have participated in combined!”
- “This course is a game changer. As a training professional your job is to train, encourage, coach, mentor, etc. others…. This course pours back into your own fuel tank. A lot of training departments are departments of one. This was an opportunity of a lifetime to connect with training professionals all around the world.”
What You’ll Learn
The Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM™) program is the only credential focused specifically on the training manager role. As a CPTM, you will gain the skills needed to manage training programs aligned with current — and future — business goals. CPTM offers the foundational knowledge you need to leverage learning for business outcomes and, ultimately, demonstrate your expertise in training management and position L&D as a critical business asset.
Download the Brochure
Who Should Take This Program?
The CPTM credential is the only certification focused specifically on the training manager role. The program is ideal for anyone seeking to further their career by developing strategic practices and skills focused on the business of learning. To determine whether CPTM is a good fit for you, take this short quiz.
What to Expect
Earn your certification in as little as two months!
All practicums are currently conducted virtually.
Learn how the CPTM program can help you earn recertification credits for other leading HR and training certifications, including SHRM, HRCI and ATD credentials.
Average: 5 Stars